PHS PTSO gives to needy families across the district

For many years, the Plainfield community has generously supported the PHS PTSO Needy Family Drive. In 2016, the community support continued.

This was the 24th year for this project and our goal consistently remains to make the holiday season a little merrier for unfortunate families of Plainfield School District 202. We helped over 35 families this year by providing an array of gifts for every family member and abundant food baskets. And, of course, we couldn’t have done it without the compassionate people of this community. We can honestly report that each family was overwhelmed with gratitude and appreciation which left some speechless but just as many thanking us profusely.

As always, we had many groups “adopt” families; some took on two or more families. A heartfelt thank you to: Lincoln Elementary School teachers and staff, Ira Jones and Indian Trail Middle Schools teachers and staff, PHS-CC teachers, staff and student council, District 202 Student Services and Curriculum and Instruction Departments, C. W. Avery Family YMCA members and staff, Plainfield Auxiliary of the American Legion Marne Post #13, Followers of Christ Lutheran Church congregation, Plainfield Women of the Moose, Friends of PHS-CC, Dreyer Medical Clinic, Abri Credit Union, the students, staff and parents of Little Dames and Gents Preschool, A.I.M. Chapter of B.N.I. of Plainfield, and the Gierich, Stephens, Leonard, Bollinger, Jackson, Bauer, Weiglos, Morrison and Hossfeld families.

Central and Lakewood Falls Elementary Schools held highly successful food drives which allowed us to provide food baskets augmented by frozen turkeys donated by the community and stored by the Plainfield Moose.

The Plainfield Moose Lodge #2491 invited its members to donate to a toy drive and the Needy Family Drive was the grateful recipient of many of those donations.

Plainfield High School – Central Campus teachers Darren Kobliska, Matthew Clark, Jonathan Pereiro, and Patrick Hanley — challenged 20 of their classes to a donation drive and together they raised $2,268 in cash donations. PHSCC students donated another $10,500 in clothing which the football team then delivered to the local Goodwill. and donated all proceeds, about $500.