Veteran D. 202 educator to open new Wallin Oaks Elementary

Staff Writer

Ridge Elementary School Principal Dr. Stacey DiBitetto will open and lead District 202’s newest elementary school, Wallin Oaks, this fall.
The Board of Education approved DiBitetto’s new assignment at its February 22, 2021 regular meeting.
DiBitetto is a 25-year veteran educator with classroom and administrative experience at both the elementary and middle school levels. She has served as Ridge’s principal since 2011. From 2008-2011 she was assistant principal at Walker’s Grove Elementary School, and taught 6th grade at Ira Jones Middle School from 2005-2008.
Before coming to District 202, DiBitetto also taught 7th and 8th grade math at Keller Junior High School in Schaumburg from 2000-2005, and was a 3rd and 5th grade teacher in Las Vegas from 1996-1999.
DiBitetto has also served as an adjunct professor at Aurora University since 2016.
“Dr. DiBitetto was chosen from a strong pool of internal candidates because of her wide range of teaching and leadership experience, literally from elementary to college,” said Superintendent of Schools Dr. Lane Abrell.
“She is a skilled educator and administrator and will do a great job leading Wallin Oaks, especially during a challenging time for the district and the community,” he said.
Wallin Oaks will be the 18th full-service District 202 elementary school. It is being built as part of a larger plan to create enough space district-wide to provide full-day kindergarten for all eligible students.
DiBitetto is excited and looking forward to her new role.
“Wallin Oaks will bring in students from nearby neighborhoods with expectations for academic rigor, and I know my leadership can match that demand,” she said.
“I’m very excited to begin meeting the parents and students to make connections, once we have the opportunity to do that,” she said.