Girl Talk: A Safe Club for all Girls

Joseph Crump, Staff Writer

A new club called Girl Talk was created at South this year by students from LTAP (Leadership through Action and Purpose) group.

Girl Talk is a student created and is student led; it is run by Juniors Briana Smith and Nicole Wiencek, Senior Chiderah Ogbozor, and Sophomore Liz Mendoza. The students created the club to make a positive impact on girls’ lives.

“It’s for girls to come in and feel comfortable with each other and share experiences with each other and get to know each other,” said Smith. Ogbozor added on to this by explaining that the girls are free to share information about their lives.

These students created this club in an effort to help newer students become respectable women in society, as well as have a group to be able to share issues from their lives. “I think a lot of our younger female students struggle with making positive decisions amongst their peers and relationships in general, and one of the skill sets that I find that women have is an ability to communicate well,” said Andre Bouey, the sponsor of Girl Talk and LTAP.

On their poster, the group advertises talking about boys and relationships in general. The group expanded upon this by explaining that they talk about how current and past relationships affect the girls, and that the group is there for support.