Unique senior enrolls in multiple clubs, impacts peers

Dimitroulas is president of National Honor Society’s South chapter

Hailey Marino, Staff Writer

Plainfield South is home to many unique individuals. Senior Konstantinos Vailieos Dimitroulas, or Ntinos (pronounced like Dino)for short, is one of them.
Dimitroulas is involved in many ways at school, including: PSLC, NHS, math team, chess team, and soccer. He also manages a high GPA and succeeds in AP/honors classes.
“I plan on going to Loyola University in Chicago and studying neurology. Helping people has always been a part of my future,” Dimitroulas said.
Something that makes Dimitroulas stand out is his family background. He is fluent in Greek and visits his family in Greece often. His parents also own the ‘Hamburgerseria’ in Joliet. Personally, Dimitroulas is a funny guy that keeps people updated on his life through his snapchat and positively impacts the people around him, as well as being positively impacted by the staff here at South.
“Mr. Miller [social studies teacher at South] has impacted me positively because he tells it like it is and really allows his students to form their own opinion instead of spoon feeding them what they should think,” Dimitroulas said.
Dimitroulas is the President of National Honor Society, helping the school, community, and students around him by organizing and participating in events. These events help the school get involved while NHS students also receive service hours. Dimitroulas is also a member of the first place junior/senior math team, which is going to state in May.
“He [Dimitroulas] is generally a very well-liked member of the team and lights up any room with his quirky humor and general silliness,” said Daniel Sourile, math teacher and Math Team coach. Sourile also comments on Dimitroulas’s funny side when Sourile said he is the teams designated vlogger at competitions.
“Ntinos is one of the smartest people I know and he’s a super funny guy. He’
s always making me laugh with his vlogs,” Ryan Murray said.