Senior Goodbye

Noah Maldonado, Editor in chief

Prints and papers: the defining features of my time in high school all fall onto the Paw Print and the wonderful history it claimed these past few years. Likewise, the same falls on Scholastic Bowl, Spanish, and other service programs that cultivated my own perception of the world.
First and foremost, the Paw Print maintained my consciousness of current events. It expanded my own news judgement through the marvelous Ms. Butler. It also provided me with a second family of sorts with little Jorge as the king.
Scholastic Bowl holds a very similar place with Ms. Robilotta and Ms. Mahoney as two of the most iconic coaches and teachers I have come to know. They were role models of a unique kind and, up to this point, have never stopped being awesome!
The Foreign Language wing also became another home for me. Spanish club meetings, chupa chups, and the rest of its gems gifted me a very educated mind regarding Latin America and my own heritage. Señora Zotaj, Profe, and Señora Lowery all challenged me to go the extra mile with classwork and beyond the classroom.
As much as extracurricular activities and truly magnificent educators enriched my journey through high school, the friends I kept and made along the way all contributed to my growth as a person.
James, Mia, Delaney, and Gus specifically supported me in so many ways. Whether that was with politics or entertainment, they were sure to provide me with all the sources and references! Though, a special place exists for each of these individuals whom I’ve come to know as family through the newspaper and classes in general.
I hope that future students have the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of the newspaper and the school’s most kind institutions. Leaving the worst of the pandemic behind, I am confident that very bright minds will emerge.
I would also advise anybody at any point in their high school career to embrace their identity. It is extremely difficult to find oneself in high school, but those (oftentimes political) obstacles that would stand in the way should not dictate who you are as a person. Be, unapologetically and intrinsically, yourself.
And, finally, Delaney–you will be the absolute best Editor in Chief next year!