Editor upset with change

Matthew Hehl, Online Editor in Chief

As with every school year, a new year means new policies. Some of this year’s “highlights” include a cell phone usage rule change, no full hour lunch, and even a short-lived ban on water. As with any change, the new rules have come some resistance from students who are feeling a bit shortchanged.
The students feeling these changes the most are the seniors. For three years we’ve all been waiting to do simple things like sit outside and in the hallway for lunch. Thanks to some safety concerns and some issues with the floor, that’s no longer the way it goes.
Seniors, including myself, aren’tnas upset about the fact that things got moved as we are about the fact that everyone before us got to do what we can’t. It’s just some tables, we get that. Soon enough we’ll forget about it. But for the time being, we’re just a little irritated.
It’s almost like a bad math problem. “Today is your Birthday! You brought five cookies to school but six kids sit at your table. What do you do?” Obviously, you aren’t going to break each cookie up into weird pieces so everyone gets some. Poor Bobby just has to deal with the fact that he doesn’t get a cookie. Johnny, Freddy, etc. get to enjoy theirs and Bobby can’t do anything about it.
There is a petition making its rounds through the lunch room, but the fact of the matter is no matter what we say or do chances are we aren’t getting our “cookie”. But hey, that’s life sometimes.