Nadia Cirlincione Q&A

Ella Underwood, Editor in Chief

Q: What drew you to tennis?

A: My parents definitely drew me to tennis, I have always loved watching the sport but they pushed me to play.

Q: How long have you been playing tennis?

A: I have been playing on and off since I was 7. I stopped when I was 12 to play soccer then joined tennis again right before freshman year.

Q: How do you balance school and tennis and your own mental health?

A: Balancing all of that was always challenging for me. Practices were every day after school for about 2 hours and on match days it could go as late at 6. Right when I got home I would start all of my homework. I wouldn’t get much sleep during the season. AP classes are very challenging and the workload is a ton. It’s a lot to pile on but I would always talk nice to myself and set my priorities in order to balance everything.

Q: Is there a coach or athlete that you look up to as a role model and why?

A: My coach at South from my freshman to junior year really helped me grow. He helped me grow as both a player and a teacher and I always appreciated how positive he was and how he made the sport fun. I was very sad when I found out he wasn’t coaching anymore because both me and my team appreciated how great everything was. Our new coach this year is great. He pushes us really hard and I have improved a lot as a player this season. All of my coaches have really helped me grow and I couldn’t be more grateful for them.